Your Commercial Electrician in Maidstone | Elite Electrical Kent
Elite Electrical Kent has long served the Maidstone area as its commercial electrician of choice. Covering all facets of the trade, we handle everything from fuse board installation, to the fitting of car charging stations, solar panel installation, the design and set-up of outdoor lighting, and even smart home wiring. Safety is at the heart of what we do, and why it’s so important you choose a reputable, qualified contractor for any electrical work you are looking to have done.
With safety in mind, we’ve looked to run over some straightforward electrical “dos and don’ts” for the benefit of our Maidstone clients…
- Do hire a qualified commercial electrician to carry out any electrical work, repairs or installations in your home or workplace, including fuse board installation, fitting of car charging stations, solar panel installation, outdoor lighting set-up and smart home wiring. This is to ensure that the work is done safely and will comply with all relevant regulations.
- Do regularly inspect your electrical appliances, wiring and sockets for any signs of damage or wear and tear. We’d urge Maidstone residents to then contact an Elite electrician if they notice anything unusual, such as exposed wires, frayed cords or burn marks. Before picking up the phone, stop using the appliance and keep well clear of it.
- Do use circuit breakers, residual current devices (RCDs) and fuses to protect yourself from electrical shock and to prevent fires caused by overloading or short circuits. If you’re concerned your consumer unit is too old and doesn’t feature these essential safety features, contact us to inquire about replacement fuse board installation.
- Do keep water away from electrical appliances and outlets, as water is a good conductor of electricity and can lead to electrocution. While it may sound simple, you’d be surprised how often this leads to serious accidents, injuries and even death in the Maidstone area.
- Do unplug appliances when they are not in use or when you are leaving your home or workplace for an extended period of time. It’s safer, and may also save you money considering the amount of energy that devices on standby can draw over the course of a day.
- Don’t attempt to carry out any repairs or installations yourself unless you are a qualified electrician. DIY electrical work – whether it’s fuse board installation, car charging stations set-up, solar panel installation, outdoor lighting integration or smart home wiring – can be dangerous and can result in serious injuries or even death, so it’s always best to get in a reputable domestic electrician, or commercial electrician like our own Maidstone based team.
- Don’t overload electrical sockets by using too many appliances at once. It’s everyday wisdom, and for good reason. This can cause the wiring to overheat and result in a fire. This is also one of the many good reasons to be careful when approaching smart home wiring, and bringing in an electrician to assist with it.
- Don’t use damaged or worn out electrical appliances or cords. They can be dangerous and may result in electrocution or fire. Simply replace them, as it’s never worth the risk.
- Don’t touch electrical appliances with wet hands or when standing on wet surfaces. This can increase the risk of electrocution.
- Don’t cover electrical appliances or cords with flammable materials such as curtains or blankets. This can cause a fire.
For further advice, or to book in a visit from an Elite commercial electrician, give us a call. We handle anything from fuse board installation, to fitting of car charging stations, solar panel installation, outdoor lighting design, and smart home wiring to bring your Maidstone property into the 21st century.